Jump to navigation Jump to search
Template:Sister Normal may refer to:
- English comedian Henry Normal
- Normality (behavior), conformance to an average
- Norm (sociology), social norms, expected patterns of behavior studied within the context of sociology
- Normal goods in economics
- Normal backwardation
- Norm, a statistical concept in psychometrics
- Normal concentration, a measure of concentration for a chemical in a solution.
Education and teaching
- Normal school, a school created to train high school graduates to be teachers
- Normal lens (photography), a lens of moderate focal length
Arts and entertainment
- Normal (2003 film), starring Jessica Lange and Tom Wilkinson
- Normal (2007 film), starring Carrie-Anne Moss, Kevin Zegers, Callum Keith Rennie and Andrew Airlie.
- Normal (2009 film), an adaptation of Anthony Neilson's 1991 play Normal: The Düsseldorf Ripper.
- Normal (album), a 2005 album by Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal
- The Normals, a Christian alternative rock band formed in 1998.
- Normal!, a 2011 Algerian film
Algebra and Number Theory
- Normal subgroup, a subgroup invariant under conjugation.
- Normal (or quasi-Galois) field extensions, splitting fields for a set of polynomials over the base field.
- Normal domain, or integrally closed domain, a ring integrally closed in its fraction field.
- Normal variety, a projective variety embedded by a complete linear system, as in Rational normal scroll (unrelated to the concept of normal scheme above)
- A Normal basis of a Galois extension, used heavily in cryptography.
- The Normal order of an arithmetic function, a type of asymptotic behavior useful in number theory.
- Normal degree of a rational curve on a surface.
- Normal number, a real number with a "uniform" distribution of digits
- Normal number (computing), a floating-point number within the balanced range supported by a given format (unrelated to the previous notion).
- A normal operator, an operator which commutes with its Hermitian adjoint. (See also normal matrix).
- Normal modes of vibration in an oscillating system
- Normal family, a pre-compact family of continuous functions.
- Surface normal, a vector perpendicular to a surface (normal vector)
- The Normal bundle, related to the preceding concept.
- Normal coordinates in differential geometry, local coordinates obtained from the exponential map.
- Normal invariants in geometric topology
- Normal polytopes in polyhedral geometry and computational commutative algebra
Logic and Foundations
- Normal or Wick order in Quantum Field Theory
Probability and Statistics
- Normal distribution, the Gaussian continuous probability distribution
- Normal (or ) spaces, topological spaces characterized by separation of closed sets.